I don’t spend much time putting on makeup, much less shopping for it, so I recently reached out to my friend, Evy Drew, for some advice. Evy is an incredibly talented makeup artist who has been in the industry for years and has worked her magic on many women, from brides to moms to celebrities galore. Check out her web site for details and booking information, and see below for her expert tips!
What do you recommend for flights?
1. Apply loads of moisturizer! I love Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Moisturizer & Ultra Facial Cream. Don’t worry about SPF-save that for once you’ve landed.
2. Blend a bit of foundation on trouble spots to even out complexion. My faves are Armani Luminous Silk and Makeup Forever HD Foundation.
3. Add a little color to your cheeks with a cream blush like Stila Convertible Color or Clinique Chubby Stick Cheek Color Balm.
4. Lightly smear a a long wear cream eye shadow all over your lids. Try Bobbi Brown Bone for light, Shore for medium and Cement or Malted for darker skin tones.
5. Use one coat of Cargo Better Than Waterproof mascara – it doesn’t budge.
6. Finish with a moisturizing color lip balm. There are so many good ones from Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment.